Friday 29 April 2011

Sit Down, Dear, Calm Down!!

David Cameron got in trouble recently for saying this "jokingly" to a lady member on the opposite benches. It reminded me of an issue that affects me and concerns me. I think that lady member would feel the way I often feel as a "recovering" bipolar sufferer. That is if I ever dare to suggest something helpful. What could a crazy person know? We are "smart", say the establishment figures. We know what is best for you... Sit Down, Dear !

Have no doubt, I am recovering and will pursue if no one else seems to want it. Everyone, including the medical establishment, would rather I have a pharmacological straight jacket and live in that virtual asylum of convenience. There is absolutely nothing in place to encourage sufferers to be all that they can be. I should be careful saying nothing. Like most mental health services, it is a postcode lottery. it is also as lottery whether you get referred for such treatment. The chances are that you will be discharged as you you are breaking through.

The truth is that I have nothing in common with the shuffling mental patients who live in psychiatric hospitals for much of their lives. When I visit for out patient services, I can see that being hospitalized would be the end for me, not a new beginning. These shuffling patients, some of whom I have know in better days, ask "Are you a Patient or a Doctor?". I guess I don't look the part. I certainly don't feel the part. I am not a "crazy" person. I just suffer from a chronic illness akin to diabetes. I am not someone to be non PC but this is the truth as I see it. The asylum lives behind fancy new hospital doors. Just spend time in the lobby for an hour and observe.

Wellness and recovery are the new buzz words. The medical system hasn't a clue what this means and they are ill equipped to work towards it. The current staff are over stretched and they are not trained in these areas. These terms are tossed around with other concepts like the "Big Society". I am not into politics and I am not an activist. My view of activists is somewhat cynical. They seem to be more in tune with the status quo and not doing good things on the street. They would rather attend a high powered meeting to discuss how bad things have got. It is "Us" and "Us" and not "Us" and "Them". Activists win awards for being heroes.

I care deeply about the lot of fellow sufferers and the poor shuffling people in hospitals. The only place for action in the "Big Society" is on the street and providing what is needed. That includes a way back into society or at least a reasonable quality of life. The "Big Society" needs "Big Money", not just the dregs. The money is there. It is just mis-directed to self serving activism.

1 comment:

  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219.... 

    ReplyDelete